Chickens doing great, added pics

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Robert McGaughey, Jan 16, 2011.

1. From this post https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437525
    [​IMG] Everything is going great now. All have made a complete recover [​IMG]
    I ended up giving the Duramycin-10 and put them on medicated feed, got them back on the grower/finisher w/a little of the medicated mixed in w/ it, going to do that till it's all gone, also been put'n vitamins and electro's in with the water. It's getting close to start them on the layer feed their right at 15 wks this Monday 3 more wks and time for the lay'n feed. Getting excited [​IMG] for that first egg, it's soooo nerve rack'n. [​IMG]
    Just wanted tell everyone Thanks for all the help. Will be put'n pics on the Pictures & Stories of My Chickens forum sometime next week, man they are looking good. later all

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    awesome, so happy for you and the girls, good to hear of a happy ending
    your first egg is so cool, may be small, which is also cool to see how they change with time

3. Everybody's looking great, only have one of the BR's still showing signs of being sick, her poop is alittle runny and not of the right color so I'm treating all of them for coccidiosis and have been for 3 days now, I'm also still treating for the coryza with the antibiotics. Just 3 more wks and I'll be starting them on the layer feed, then it's wait wait wait [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The BR in this pic is the one still sick.
    [​IMG]

Just a different pic of her.
    [​IMG]

I've already have people wanting to buy eggs when they start laying, also have a guy that wants to buy some chicks if I hatch any (not sure about that yet, going to leave that to one of the GLW's if one goes broody then I might give it a try. Get to build a brood'n house sometime in the next few weeks so it'll be ready just in case I decide to do it.

4. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    excellent. happy for you and the girls

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Great news! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by