Chickens don't Roam....

jtbuck

Songster
14 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Florahome
I have had Chickens for years and for some unknown reason to me , my Chickens just stay around barn. I have 5 acres out in the woods but they only go around barn..
Any suggestions???????

Be glad, as soon as they start roaming off your gonna wish they didn’t.

Most form what I see won’t go into the woods unless it’s shirt grasses and they can see all their surroundings,I rarely see chickens go into 4 feet tall thickets, bushes and grass, it seems they need to known where their going and everything surrounding them.

I have had Chickens for years and for some unknown reason to me , my Chickens just stay around barn. I have 5 acres out in the woods but they only go around barn..
Any suggestions???????
Get some Golden Comets!
Mine cross the street to my neighbor.
They have an acre of lawn and 5 acres of woods here. Not enough for 5. Now only 3 hens. But still cross the street.
I only let them out an hour before sunset now and they still occasionally cross.
I have 10 months old Barred Rocks in their own pen. I have not let them free range yet. Hopefully soon though. 20190627_093802.jpg .
Most form what I see won’t go into the woods

My Golden Comets go out into the woods after the leaves fall in Autumn. They love to search for Snails, worms and Salamanders. GC

Attachments

• 20171028_171640.jpg
    20171028_171640.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom