1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

!!!!!chickens Eating Inssulation!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by poultrycrazy, Dec 13, 2010.

1. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    How can i get the chickens to stop eating the inssulation???

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Im not sure but when you find out let me know because they have figured out a way to fly to the top of the coops ceiling -on a tiny winy shelf and eat away-I have a spot that is 4 x6 that I have to rip down and replace-roosting bar thats 3ft down is getting taken down too! Im sorry your dealing with it too:-(

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I stapled cardboard over the insulation. They can't see it or get to it anymore. I re-used some very large boxes that my Washer and dryer came in. You could check with appliance stores and ask for the cardboard,

4. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    ya its that pink stuff maybe half an inch, might be an inch but there eating right through to the matal siding! and its only the hens, the roosters and ducks just leave it alone. This is kinda off topic but while were talking about picking at things if i neel down in the chicken coop my little tiny OEBG hens and sebright hens will sneak up behind me and start bitting and twisting at any freckle or spot they can find clothes or skin! Sorry if im rambling on and on. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by