Chickens eating the house!

I don't know, but I had a dog that did that. You can buy stuff to put on your house that is supposed to discourage them from that. I'm sure you can also make a non-toxic DIY spray. Good luck!

Chickens don't have the same taste receptors that dogs do. I doubt the bitter spray or anything spicy would work for them (mine love jalapenos!). OP- what exactly are they eating off the house? Siding? Insulation? Styrofoam? Is it all over, or is it just one particular spot thats gotten their attention?

Mine were eating the caulk from around the house, or at least attempting to do it. After seeing that, they now live in their tractor permanently...I don't want to eat eggs from caulk eating chickens!!!:sick

Put some fencing up to protect that area of the house....then put a large half rotted log near their coop/run area.

They are eating the wood siding off the house. They go along the edges of the house. One of them died recently. Maybe she ate something she shouldn't have. They may have to remain in their tractor from now on.

Pine tar spray? You'd have to reapply often. There may be bugs living in rotted wood underneath they are attracted to. I know the bugs love to go underneath my siding. You really have to watch what they have access to when they free range. Mine were eating chips of paint....threw those eggs out for those days.

Back
Top Bottom