Chickens eating their eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PoultryGirly, Mar 30, 2012.

1. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    My chickens are eating their own eggs! I'm not sure if it's just the rooster eating them or all of them. What can I do?

2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    I've heard of putting golf balls in the nesting boxes and they learn that pecking them does nothing! Worth a try!

3. PoultryGirly

Mar 28, 2012
    Thanks! I'll have to try that!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
  5. PoultryGirly

Mar 28, 2012
    Thanks. That page really helps.

6. Jewel

Jewel New Egg

Oct 1, 2012
    My chickens were eating every egg that was layed! So i got vital vitimans the same thing you give

baby chicks to get them started. You put it in the water every time you change it. And start them on

chicken scratch if they are not already on it. Instantly within 3 days they stopped completely! For real!

When water was given to them without they started again. The vitimans are what they need. Follow the

amount on the package and put it in every container of water. Package is only around $4.00 and its a powder.

Buy it at the co-op. I now have healthy chickens and cartons of eggs! Alway's Give Thanks!

7. tem1803

tem1803 New Egg

Oct 1, 2012
    I have several golf balls in mine and they still eat the eggs and shells I also have a mineral block any other suggestions

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by