Chickens Escaped....found An Hour Later!!!!! Yippee!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kfisher123, Aug 4, 2011.

1. kfisher123

kfisher123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Verona Wisconsin
    OMG! Last night was the first night our 5 seven week old silkies put themselves to bed on their own, we were so excited! I guess my girls didn't latch the coop very well so this morning I went out and their door was wide open and no chicks!!! Panic set in! All of a sudden I looked under one of our adirondack chairs and there was Peaches, the biggest and (I think) smartest one. YIPPEE! She/he and I went all over our yard, her/him chirping looking for her/his peeps. [​IMG] It was SO sad, I was crying and trying to figure out how to tell my 12 and 9 year old that their pets were gone. Peaches normally wants nothing to do with me, but now she had no problem being in my arms.

Once my girls got up, I told them. More tears. [​IMG] We kept putting Peaches down to call for her/his buddies to no avail. Suddenly, Allie, my 12 year old saw them huddled under some bushes right by our garage!!!!!! It was SOOOOO awesome!!!! Peaches went running over like a mad chicken, it was so cute, they were all jumping on each other like a group of baseball players celebrating a homerun!!! [​IMG]

So now we have the "girls" inside sitting on a toy parachute, in case of accidents, they got their favorite treat, cheerios, and I think they are getting ready for a nap after their big ESCAPE!!

Whew! A day that could have been a nightmare has now become a very, very happy one!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by