Chickens Escaped....found An Hour Later!!!!! Yippee!!!

kfisher123

Songster
12 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Verona Wisconsin
OMG! Last night was the first night our 5 seven week old silkies put themselves to bed on their own, we were so excited! I guess my girls didn't latch the coop very well so this morning I went out and their door was wide open and no chicks!!! Panic set in! All of a sudden I looked under one of our adirondack chairs and there was Peaches, the biggest and (I think) smartest one. YIPPEE! She/he and I went all over our yard, her/him chirping looking for her/his peeps.
hit.gif
It was SO sad, I was crying and trying to figure out how to tell my 12 and 9 year old that their pets were gone. Peaches normally wants nothing to do with me, but now she had no problem being in my arms.

Once my girls got up, I told them. More tears.
hit.gif
We kept putting Peaches down to call for her/his buddies to no avail. Suddenly, Allie, my 12 year old saw them huddled under some bushes right by our garage!!!!!! It was SOOOOO awesome!!!! Peaches went running over like a mad chicken, it was so cute, they were all jumping on each other like a group of baseball players celebrating a homerun!!!
wee.gif

So now we have the "girls" inside sitting on a toy parachute, in case of accidents, they got their favorite treat, cheerios, and I think they are getting ready for a nap after their big ESCAPE!!

Whew! A day that could have been a nightmare has now become a very, very happy one!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom