1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens experiencing snow for the first time...funny video!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 3scorpios, Nov 30, 2011.

1. 3scorpios

3scorpios Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2011
    Central PA
    This morning we had our first snow since we got our chickens. It was rather hysterical watching them as they stepped out onto it, very apprehensive to say the least! Click below to see video, it's about 1 minute long.

2. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    That's great! Did Aretha ever make it or did she spend the day in the coop? Nice coop, BTW! I would probably spend the day in there if I were a chicken with all that snow. [​IMG]

3. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Love chickens in the state of confusion..... which of course is constant.
    Great video.

4. KFaye

KFaye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Loved it. The video was so funny. Did the last one ever come out? Can't wait to see mine experience snow for the first time!

5. 3scorpios

3scorpios Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2011
    Central PA
    Yeah, eventually they all came out for a while, but they were not really happy with the change in weather. They carried on in what we refer to as b*tch-squawkin' all day. It was quite comical.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by