1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chickens fighting

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rebeccahorse, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Rebeccahorse

Rebeccahorse Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    I have two cages of chickens, one has four chickens, the other has three. I bought two more
    yesterday and want to put the two new ones in the pen with three and take two out of that pen and put them in with the cage that has four. I tried it and the four keep attacking the two that I put in.
    I have them seperate right now until I find a way to put them back in without someone getting hurt.
    I tried putting them in neutral territory and that worked for the neutral cage but when I put them back in the original cage they started attacking again. Any suggestions? [​IMG]

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    My suggestion would be to have a larger coop for everyone, along with a nice size run for the birds to have some freedom. If this isn't a option for you, then you need more cages and larger ones for a decent life that the chickens won't be so stressed, which they prolly are now? Good Luck.

bigzio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by