chickens for backyard

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by OHhappychicks, Jun 5, 2012.

1. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Crowing

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    I did not see this hatchery on the spreadsheet. I was wondering if anyone has used this one and what you thought of it. It is located in Boerne Tx. I see it listed on the featured sponsors, but no reviews.

2. folgerrd

folgerrd Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    Canada
    I never used it because it doesn't ship to me. I have heard good things though and before I found out neither shipped to me my top two hatcheries(based on reviews, word of mouth etc.) were Murray McMurray and Chickens For Backyards

3. m.r.heavenlyhens

m.r.heavenlyhens In the Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    I did not catch the name of the hatchery you are talking about. Could you name it Thanks

4. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Crowing

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    The hatcherie is Chickens for Backyards. [​IMG]

5. folgerrd

folgerrd Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    Canada
  6. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Crowing

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    I've always used Murray and I really like them, but the breeds I'm wanting to order are not available they say until next year! I was just looking at the other hatcheries and came across CFB and they look pretty good but they are a little pricey. I only had 11 in my cart and it was going to be $79! They also charge $1.25 ea. to vaccinate as I believe Murray is .16 ea. May just put my order in with murray and wait.[​IMG] Thanks for your opinion! (and by the way, They are on the spreadsheet 1 time, rated 10, I just missed it)

7. folgerrd

folgerrd Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    Canada
    If it makes you feel any better the going price for chickens in Canada is any where from $3-$10 each, and you can't get 'em vaccinated

8. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Crowing

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Oh that really stinks![​IMG] I guess I shouldn't complain!

9. folgerrd

folgerrd Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    Canada
    Yeah, mine cost me $42 for six chicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: