chickens for backyards?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ChickenFolks, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ChickenFolks

ChickenFolks Chillin' With My Peeps

Is this hatchery good? Do the chicks mostly survive in shipping? Do they always get the breeds that you ordered right? Is there a sexing guarantee? I am thinking about ordering chicks from them and i want to get what what i ordered.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    [​IMG] What hatchery are you planning on using?

3. ChickenFolks

ChickenFolks Chillin' With My Peeps

chickens for backyards

4. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    I have never heard of them. I have only had one bad experiance with a hatchery. I ordered silkies through cackle hatchery and they were in the mail for a week. Five of the fifteen ended up dead. They wouldnt refund my money either. All the other hatcheries i have used have been fine. Usually one dead. They always get the breeds right enless they ship an extra mystery bird.

5. mothrhen

mothrhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Maryland
    I got my first chicks from them. I ordered pullets and got only pullets and the breeds were correct. They arrived healthy and on time (from Texas to Maryland). I still have these girls and love them dearly. However, I've since decided to work only with breeders and hatch my own when possible. Good luck with your chicks. You will love them regardless of where you get them. And, maybe you will want to get a larger coop than you think you will need because whatever number of chickens you start with will never be enough! Welcome to the dark side [​IMG]

6. QuakerMom

QuakerMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2012
    Did you order yet?
    Did you decide to go with Chickens for Backyards?

I'm also considering them.
    I didn't like the fact that a) you pay for the whole order up front, and b) they can't tell you the exact ship date until after you've ordered and paid.

Would love to know if you've decided to use them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by