1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CHICKENS FOR LEHIGH ACRES, FLORIDA

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by PAM452, Jan 17, 2016.

1. PAM452

PAM452 New Egg

Jan 17, 2016
    I am not finding any recent discussions in regard to getting Lehigh Acres, FL approved for backyard chickens, like Fort Myers just did. I am seeing discussions back from 2011...........anything more recent? What has been going on with this? Can anyone point me in that direction? Thank you!

2. CandJFarm

CandJFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2015
    florida
    I thought they passed somthing...I dont worrie I have lived here 30 years and have always had chickens...I even hatch and sell them never worrie about what county thinks...

3. PAM452

PAM452 New Egg

Jan 17, 2016
    well, my crummy neighbors turned me in...twice........so I need to wait to be legal. I sure hope we get the laws changed. I miss my chickens so much!

4. CandJFarm

Mar 11, 2015
    florida
    Man people are so uptight...dogs are so much worse and we allow them..grrr makes me mad to here suck a dumb law

5. CandJFarm

Mar 11, 2015
    florida
    I have some silkie frizzles for sale right now...I have 6 and 3 r frizzle one is ee frizzle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by