1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens Gallor

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by theEgglayers, Jun 10, 2016.

1. theEgglayers

theEgglayers New Egg

Jun 3, 2016
    I got 11 chicks and was told they were all EE type. No specific breed really, all mutts.
    I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you thought about that.
    These first four I believe are all Barred Plymouth, though probably not pure. So what about sex?
    [​IMG]
    #2 (this one wouldn't hold still)
    [​IMG]
    #3 (This is Tarzan,Quite the noise maker)
    [​IMG]
    #4 (So this is Supposed to be a pic of the guy in back but Tarzan liked being in front of the camera)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #7 (My daughters, Alice)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #10 (Poe - "Never More")
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok, So breed and sex if you could please and thank you.

Oh, And I was "Gifted" this one, and I have no clue what breed it is, though I know it a female as it has laid 3 eggs in the last 24 hrs.
    [​IMG]

2. Grub Digger

Grub Digger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2016
    Middle TN
    You're right, first 4 are barred rocks, #1 definitely looks like a cockerel. #5 is a boy. #7 looks to be a New Hampshire or production red. 9& 10 look to be your EEs. # 11 looks to be a RiR or PR cockerel. Your gift is possibly a Blue Andalusian if those were white eggs. Nice looking group! :)

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    The first 4 do look like BRs (possibly mixed) #1 is a cockerel (the others are good for now but I would post again in another week or two to confirm). #5 looks like a possible mix breed cockerel, need a better picture for #6, #8 and #9 look like your Easter Eggers. #7 maybe a Rhode Island Red or a mix, Need a better picture of #11 and #10. lue andalusian

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by