Chickens go BWAAAAAK

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Farmer_Dan, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Farmer_Dan

Farmer_Dan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Seattle
    I got an incubator and guess what? It works!!!

Maybe a little too well... I gotta get rid of these birds now so that the eggs that are in the incubator will have a brooder available to them!!

Hopefully this will work:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/grd/2441460866.html

If not, what do I do with all of them? What do you do when you have too many chickens??

EDIT, here's a pretty picture:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I won't hatch if I don't have a home for what I'm hatching. I will hatch birds for people & put them in the brooder for pick up. If your trying to hatch & sell the birds your gonna need a brooder not just a cardboard box's & some pen's. It's not fair to the animal to be cooped up in a box's for a great length of time. They need their space. This is just my opinion. I was gonna start hatching & selling chicks but started thinking what if I get stuck with the birds I don't have a place to raise them. I have 4 coops & there big coops like 300 sq ft each but I still don't have enough room to just keep hatching.

3. Farmer_Dan

Farmer_Dan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Seattle
    Yes, I have brooder / pen / coop area for the birds. I just **want** to keep hatching. I also have places to put the birds if they get older and nobody wants them. I suppose my initial post may not reflect that. Don't worry, no birds were harmed in the creation of this reading material. ;}

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by