1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens Got A Remodel!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mountain Sunshine, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Mountain Sunshine

Mountain Sunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    We didn't have to add the door on the front of the house. We just moved the nesting boxes and stacked them. Then we added a new roost. ( A limb from the woods)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanted to share the new homemade feeders. The first one is made with a cat litter box . Its pretty neat...it's just for the inside of the house.
    [​IMG]

Made with a bucket and a metal dog pan.
    [​IMG]

Added a limb for a swing in the run! They love it!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. chookchick

chookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    Looks good! I love the swing/perch. They don't mind that it moves around a bit? I guess branches do...I'm gonna have to steal that idea for my run.

3. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Quote:They actually like that it swings. They will just sit there while it swings back and forth. It was funny watching them this afternoon. The brahma would hop off of it when it would stop swinging and hop back on to make it start swinging! It was comical to watch!

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    As soon as it warms up I will have to make a swing like that for the run....Great idea!!! [​IMG]

5. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Quote:Thanks! It gives them something to do and they seems to like it!

6. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Good remodeling job. [​IMG] You might want to add a grill or wire type cover to the reflector for the heat lamp so the chooks wont peck at it and possibly cause a fire. Coop fires are devastating/fatal to chooks and there are a number of posts on here this winter about the subject.[​IMG]

7. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Quote:We just made a cage thing to go over last night. It's even mounted to sheet of concrete board!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by