Chickens growing faster than new coop (Pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Squid Bait, May 30, 2008.

1. Squid Bait

Squid Bait Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2008
    Fayetteville, AR
    Just thought I'd post the first couple pics of my new coop. If I don't hurry, my little ones will be laying eggs in the brooder [​IMG]

I'm just building this onto a storage shed in my back-yard. I haven't decided exactly how I want to integrate the existing window into the plan. Maybe I'll put a few nesting boxes up against it, so I can sneak the eggs out the back.

[​IMG]

Here you can see the plywood sub-floor covered in Durock concrete board. I should have pics of the soon to be installed tile tomorrow.

[​IMG]

I'm still looking for a cheap and semi-attractive siding option that I can also cover the cinder-block shed with. Any suggestions?

Bob

2. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I just love seeing coops!!! Looks great so far....can't wait to see it as it progresses. Keep the pictures coming please!![​IMG]

3. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Squid Bait, two of my coops have Durock floors also. We had some left over. I thought I was the only one!

4. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Looking GOOD

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Looks good so far... hurry up and add more pix [​IMG] I'm a coop picture addict. For real.

6. Squid Bait

May 15, 2008
    Fayetteville, AR
    The tile is now down, but it was starting to rain, so I had to cover it before I got a pic. Hopefully I'll get to work on it tomorrow.

7. Squid Bait

May 15, 2008
    Fayetteville, AR
    Sorry for the slow updates. An old friend popped into town and there was a bit too much margaritas and sleeping in, and too little coop building. The tile is now down and grouted. I had left over Italian porcelain from my bathroom remodel, but I doubt if my chickys will ever know how nice that tiles feels on bare feet.

[​IMG]

I've also managed to trim out the water damaged sections (and one large ant hive) from the old shed and mount the lower rafter support.

[​IMG]

I should have rafters and roof decking in place tomorrow.

8. RayP

RayP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Gainesville Florida
    Love the idea of using the window for the nesting boxes, going to be a nice coop.

9. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Love it! Keep the pics coming

Where is the run going? Off the side?? Just curious.......

10. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, keep posting Pics,

Do you have chicks or chickens than enter in the Random bird contest the grand prize is EE eggs,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by