Chickens, guineas and 2 Muscovy ducks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MommaDuck78, Nov 12, 2019.

1. MommaDuck78

MommaDuck78 Chirping

Nov 12, 2019
    Good morning from Arizona. My name is Tina and this past December I moved back to Arizona and live on property with a lot of animals. Most of the animals belong to the owner of the property but she bought me my own Muscovy ducks back in April and I incubated five chickens a few months ago and now have I believe four girls and one rooster. I've always loved animals but I never knew much about chickens and ducks due to not much experience with them. I never thought I would be a chicken lover specifically but I love my five babies and I've grown to love all the other chickens too on the property and my two Muscovy ducks, Duke and Daisy are my babies! Daisy just laid her first egg yesterday and I'm almost done making them a duck Mansion LOL when I first got here there was only two guineas and we thought they were both girls but then we realized there were eggs fertilized. She ended up hiding a clutch off off property and I was able to find them the next street over after they were born and saved them from a hawk that I actually got on video because daddy Guinea was yelling and I was able to follow is noises and find them, put 9 Guinea babies in a Box and brought them back to the chicken coop with Mommy and Daddy following behind me. So I've learned a lot about all kinds of birds and fowl since I've been here. ❤️

2. Kiki

Kiki Is your thermometer calibrated?

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Tina, and welcome to BYC.

4. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Crossing the Road

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! Sounds like you jumped in with both feet!

5. FortCluck

FortCluck Free Ranging

Sep 9, 2019
    Central Virginia
  6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! I'm here in AZ. also. Good luck with all of your bird's!

7. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello, Tina, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Nice save on the guinea keets.

8. Sequel

Sequel Free Ranging

:frow Hi there and welcome to BYC! What an adventure you’ve had already! I hope you enjoy your time here!

9. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Raven steals Christmas

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there Tina and welcome to BYC! :frow

Chickens sure are fun to keep. Sure can brighten up a person's life.

We are so glad you decided to join our community! Pull up a roost bar and make yourself at home. :)

10. rjohns39

rjohns39 Wrangler

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi Tina and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: