Chickens gurgling for months. No other symptoms.

Sep 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
I have spent many many hours trying to find an answer to continually gurgling chickens, but no one seems to have ever had this problem! Out of my flock of six, two gurgle/rasp constantly and they have done so since I got them 8 months ago. I treated them with antibiotic‘s many months ago and it seemed to improve ever so slightly, but it has still continued on. Treated with vetrx, also with very slight improvement. Today I noticed a new one start gurgling. We thought about culling all of them, but it breaks my heart too much to do so. The problem lies in the six baby chicks we just got that are now five weeks old and will be joining the flock in the next several weeks. 😥

Wow! I have searched and searched for that! Do you think I should treat them again? I treated for 7 days. I have searched for so many hours since posting and I’m wondering if they had e.coli and now have the resulting airsacculitis. I try so hard to keep their coop nice. I think it’s properly ventilated. I leave the south facing window open 100% and eaves are open.

Back
Top Bottom