Chickens have been sick weight loss

Patrice Stout

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2017
I am in the process of healing chickens that got really skinny from parasites when I was away on vacation (a non chcicken person took care of them and didn't notice their weight loss) They have since been wormed and are doing better but I'm having trouble putting weight back on them. I upped their protein ( chopped hard boiled eggs, sunflower seeds, grower food, mealworms, Dubai roaches) lots of greens, occasional Greek yogurt.
I am afraid I will give them too much protein and cause excessive urea, but now they are starting their fall molt.
I really need some advice. They are going into their molt already too skinny.

If you are in the United States ,put them on Nutrena Feather Fixer poultry feed. it's an incredible food for birds that are going through the molt .look it up online .I tried it with my flock when somebody else suggested it and was amazed. it brings the birds through the molt so nice. their feathers are so beautiful and as far as nutrition goes some of the hens will even lay through the molt.
All the best ,
Karen

If you are in the United States ,put them on Nutrena Feather Fixer poultry feed. it's an incredible food for birds that are going through the molt .look it up online .I tried it with my flock when somebody else suggested it and was amazed. it brings the birds through the molt so nice. their feathers are so beautiful and as far as nutrition goes some of the hens will even lay through the molt.
All the best ,
Karen
Thanks so much Karen. I will definitely check that out.I think I have seen it in our feed store. Will it put the weight back on them also? I don't want them to pick up something else because they are so underweight....

Back
Top Bottom