1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chickens have hypnotized our dog

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by kareninthesun, Sep 26, 2011.

1. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    its the only thing that makes sense...and if I didn't see the results myself I wouldn't believe it:

our two dogs are fed inside the house. they have full run in and outside. They seem to be pigs lately, bowls.empty then whininv later for more. I filled their food dishes this morning, left.for.work. Forgot my purse so came back home. Katie the.lab is in the backyard surrounded by chickens. She drops a mouthful of dogfood and steps back. Sits with a hug goofy grin while they fight over the food. I hide in the kitchen and watch as she calmly comes in. puts more in her mouth. the chickens watch from the door. she goes.back out and walks to the same grassy area. they follow, all excited. maybe if i feedd.them all at the same time...

2. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    LOL...now all you have to do is to teach the dog to water them and clean the coop. Great!

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    [​IMG]

4. toysmom

toysmom Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    so funny![​IMG]

5. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Oh that's too funny [​IMG]

To bad you didn't get pictures of that! [​IMG]

6. Ogress

Ogress Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2010
    North Bend, WA
    My Coop
    Quote:Mine have the chicken poop-clean up down, but can't seem to figure out the garden hose [​IMG]

Love the dog-food story! Gotta get that on video!

7. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

This is now my favorite BYC story!!! So glad you saw them. So they are whining for more food either because they are hungry or because they want more food to feed the chickens! [​IMG]

8. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    Quote:Mine have the chicken poop-clean up down, but can't seem to figure out the garden hose [​IMG]

Love the dog-food story! Gotta get that on video!

X2. You could win some major bucks on America's Funniest Home Videos! Great story - thanks for making my day!

9. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    What a great post! You should try to video tape it and win $10,000 off of American's Funniest Home Video.

10. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    [​IMG] awesome!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by