Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by krazchick101, Mar 1, 2008.
a couple of my chickens have the run is this normal ???
this is too little information to help you figure out what may be wrong...there is a sticky at the top of this forum that helps you give members useful info to help you figure out what may be wrong.
Please answer these questions, and be very specific, so we can help you out.
1) What type of bird , age and weight.
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
3) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
4) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
5) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
6) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
7) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
8 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
9) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
10) Describe the housing/bedding in use
Quote:1. easter egger , ( russian blue color) , not sure rescured , 2,3 pounds
4. nothing she started laying eggs
5. water , crumbles ostyer shell and sometimes bread, bird seed
6.brown and runny no blood that i have seen
7. it started like 3 days ago i was not sure what to do i was asking ya'll to see if it was normal
8.self if i can i just wanna see if it ws normal
9.i'll try to see if i can post a pic
10. straw bedding , dog kennal with a roof on top
It might be dietary combined with stress (thinking you have not had her long?)
Are you giving her a layer ration? She needs this if egglaying age
Bird seed is not all that nutritional and will dilute the nutrients in her feed. There is also a higher level of mycotxin allowed in bird seed. I suggest you stop giving her that .
Offer her free choice yogurt> plain that has live bifidus cultures in it... this will help her gut flora.
she don't have bird seed that much my little one has birds and she trys to feed them and she sometimes drops it .. i'll try the yogurt i have had her since may of last year