Chickens hospital or Intensive care station.(pictures)

Omran

Crowing
Jul 26, 2008
Bagdad KY
Hello my Friends, yesterday my lovely miss Barred Rock got sick, so she moved with us in the house for few days, the gage I had was really not comfortable, so I build her brand new little hospital.

13683_chickens_hospital_001.jpg

13683_chickens_hospital_002.jpg

here is opening for clean up

13683_chickens_hospital_003.jpg

here view from inside.

13683_chickens_hospital_004.jpg

Tell me guys what you think? does it need anything else?
Thank you.
Omran

Last edited:
That is a very well built cage.. I cannot think of any way to improve it..
It is always wise to have extra cage for emergencies...

Glad your hen is doing better this evening....

Wow Omran - that is a great little ICU for your clucks. Does the bottom (under the wire) pull out to be cleaned? I really like it...fantastic job!

Glad to hear your hen is better - hope she gets well quickly.

Quote:
well the bottom does not pull out, because I don't have a tablesaw to make groves, but I made it this way so I can slide a newspaper down there andpull the newspaper out when itis dirty.

Omran

Wow, that's really cool! I like the idea of making a little hospital coop. It would be perfect for separating a broody, too.

I think you should paint it, because paint would make it easier to clean. If you keep sick birds in there, you would want to be able to wash it in-between uses.

Quote:
e wise Idea I am going to do so as soon as miss Barred rock get back to her sisters.
Thank you for the tip Chickenlady.

Omran

Ooh, very nice! Glad to hear your hen is better. Hopefully you wont have to use this well built cage very often. I do agree with The Chicken Lady that you should paint it though. Otherwise,
clap.gif
nice!

Back
Top Bottom