Chickens in a Hotel Room

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KatieJaneWennechuk, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatieJaneWennechuk

KatieJaneWennechuk New Egg

May 3, 2008
    OMG I am on vacation with my husband and our two dogs. I have month old chickens and we brought them with us because we are camping on our property in Virginia and I don't want to leave them home alone. I am still bringing them in at night and letting them sleep in their old brooder.

SO -- they are IN THE HOTEL ROOM WITH ME!

I'm sure I'm not the only chicken addict who took her peeps on vacation but wanted to post for fun.

They are so awesome......

2. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    and you are SO addicted! [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Oh my goodness! You are the cutest thing ever! Taking your chickens on vacation! [​IMG]

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    *LOL*

I've heard of people going to far away poultry shows and taking their chickens into the rooms at night. Let's hope they weren't roosters....

And, I would just not tell the people at the check-in desk, either. Let it be a little suprrise if they ever get caught.

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

At the big Stockton, CA show there were lots of chickens, but I think most of them stayed in the cars, which were parked right outside of our rooms. I could hear a little bantam rooster's muffled crow throughout the night, it was cute, though annoying XD

6. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Oh my goodness, now I feel so much better, I want to take all my animals, including my chickens out to Texas once I get the land set up. So glad to know I'm not the only one. [​IMG]

How are you transporting them? How long is the trip?

7. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Well of course you couldn't just leave them home! [​IMG]

8. wayfastwhitey

wayfastwhitey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    texas
    shoplady... hope you check the texas state law before you bring "out of state " birds into texas ! i live less then 10 miles from okla state/texas state line there a big sign as you come into texas NO OUT OF STATE POULTRY.. $500.00 FINE FOR EACH BIRD... not saying you cant do it.. just hope the state toorpers dont see you
    good luck

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:how can they proof that they werent born in Texas. What does "out of state " mean? hatched outside the state, taken outside the state in general and brought back or eggs layed outside the state?
    Seems to be easier to get them from TX, thats where most of my eggs are from.(and i kept the proof)

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I've done that many a times! Whenever we have a bird that needs to be inside for whatever reason, it comes with us. [​IMG] Chicken Hawk went camping in the desert for New Years, Buddy and Crash went to a wedding in Sacramento, Daisy went to another wedding in Northern AZ, a couple of different chickens have spent a weekend in my parent's family room... [​IMG]
    Hey, it just goes with animal ownership!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by