Chickens in different coops dieing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kampe14, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Kampe14

Kampe14 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2014
    Powhatan, va
    We have two coops and lately two chickens from each coop have passed away. Today was the chicken I nursed back to health when it's mother rejected her, surprisingly two weeks before her mother passed away. We can't think of anything that is killing them, they didn't have tram a to them and the young one was fine yesterday. We are thinking maybe it's the weather or since it's only the silver phoenix breed it's a problem with them. As for the weather it's been 17 here one day an two day later 70 then 30. Hadn't been steady at all and we don't if that is a factor. Any advice will be great. Tia

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    What symptoms are they displaying before they pass away? Any breathing issues, lethargy, anything at all?

3. Kampe14

Jul 2, 2014
    Powhatan, va
    Nothing at all. Nothing to catch our eye. And they have never been together since mom bird rejected her. We are at a loss. We are feeding them and they get water. It's weird

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I would start with a fresh bag of food.

5. Kampe14

Jul 2, 2014
    Powhatan, va
    They weren't eating the same food either. The chicks were a till on starter feed. There isn't much they had the same besides they were mother am daughter and the weather an water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by