Chickens in Harrisburg, PA

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by mrsthallium, Nov 8, 2016.

1. mrsthallium

mrsthallium Just Hatched

Apr 5, 2016
    Hello!

I have 5 chickens in Harrisburg, PA, where it's legal to have a small backyard flock. However, my family is hoping to move within the next year. We told our real estate agent about the chickens, but I suspect he'll want us to do the research on where it's legal to move the girls. We're interested in the Camp Hill or Mechanicsburg area, but (from what I understand) I don't believe chickens are allowed there.

Does anyone here live in or around Harrisburg and know what areas allow chickens? I can't give up my girls! =)

2. ToniANFPA

ToniANFPA New Egg

Jan 11, 2017
    Hi Mrs. Thallium,
    Don't know if you ever got a response to your question, so I thought I'd just offer some feedback. If you want to focus on West Shore, perhaps Marysville, 11/15 North, could be a good place to look into that's not overly far from Camp Hill. On the East Shore, try over by Grantville and Hanoverdale (outside of Hershey).
    Hope that helps some and that you and your Chickens and All find your right home together.
    Bless!
    Toni... Linglestown...

3. Teresa Moore

Teresa Moore New Egg

May 3, 2017
    Do you happen to have any chivkens for sale

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by