1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens in Marion County Indiana

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by KathrynB, Apr 9, 2012.

1. KathrynB

KathrynB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Ive heard from many different sources I can indeed have chickens in marion county, as long as I dont break the noise ordinance. My in-laws have owned chickens before but they are well know for sticking to "the man". However I can find ANYTHING "official" on it. Ive looked at the indiana goverment website and cant find anything about where i can legally own chickens. I just want to know wehre to send my neighbors when they complain lol. My neighbors are kinda obnoxious. Anyway thanks for the info!!

2. mrgreenjeans53

mrgreenjeans53 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just offer your obnoxious neighbors, depending on how many laying hens you have, a dozen "free fresh eggs" a week or every 2 weeks. They won't mind you having chickens after that. Everyone likes "free" stuff....LOL.

My neighbors love me for the free fresh eggs. But then, I live in the country. There's only 5 houses in my neighborhood. No homeowners association but the neighborhood by-laws say "No chickens". My neighbors have yet to complain about my having them....and I have 47 of them!!!

I also have 3 male guineas, one 6 week old mallard, two pekin ducklings, a 12 year old female yellow naped amazon parrot and two miniature parakeets. Seventeen turkey and 49 ringneck pheasant eggs in my incubators.

Wanna come visit my "Petting zoo".....LOL

Good luck with your quest of having backyard chickens.

Tim

3. KathrynB

KathrynB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Im hoping that some eggs and the fact I dont have a rooster will be enough lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by