Chickens in need of homes

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by artsyrobin, Oct 27, 2011.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    not sure where to put this, hopefully someone can help my friend? PM me for contact info

I have several newly rescued chickens, mostly roosters, that need forever homes. I run Kasia's Ark Bird Rescue and am a cruelty investigator for the Humane Society of Louisiana. All are very sweet and loving, but I can't keep them all and am trying to find homes for the ones that my ex husand has and since we split up he no longer wants them. I have several people contact me saying they want roosters for cockfighting, and there is NO WAY I will let ANY of my sweet babies go to anyone who wishes them harm. They are PETS, they are loved and spoiled, get baths and regular vet visits. I can arrange transport to just about anywhere in the US......I have a Pekin drake here at home that I need to rehome. He was an Easter duckling attacked by a dog. His brother was killed. The owner left him in the backyard suffering with a broken wing, dog bites all over his bites and chest and a dislocated hip. She was going to dump him in a river.He had maggots in all his wounds. The vet didn't think he would make it, but he did. He is now fine, but the broken wing is paralized so he can't stretch it. He is bonded to my goose, Willow, but is attacking and tearing up all my Muscovy drakes, so he needs to go where there are no other male ducks. As for my ex, he has Muscovy girls, a few serama roosters that all get along, a few bantams, several hens, I think two Barred Rocks, two RIR, a couple Americaunas, some bantams, a silkie roo that hates me but loves everyone else, and several bantam hens that we ended up rescueing from a neighborhood that was planning on poisoning them. He also has two male call ducks (I think - or one could be an apple something or other.) Two wood ducks, male and female, not tame and I really don't know what else. I'm going by what he had at the house when I moved out. He also has a couple special needs chickens and several special needs ducks. One is a buff orpington, 3 sexlink hens, Also several mixed breeds gorgeous ones.​

2. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    From a friend- Can anyone step in and give homes? just passing this on- if anyone can help Kasia?

I have several newly rescued chickens, mostly roosters, that need forever homes. I run Kasia's Ark Bird Rescue and am a cruelty investigator for the Humane Society of Louisiana. All are very sweet and loving, but I can't keep them all and am trying to find homes for the ones that my ex husand has and since we split up he no longer wants them. I have several people contact me saying they want roosters for cockfighting, and there is NO WAY I will let ANY of my sweet babies go to anyone who wishes them harm. They are PETS, they are loved and spoiled, get baths and regular vet visits. I can arrange transport to just about anywhere in the US......I have a Pekin drake here at home that I need to rehome. He was an Easter duckling attacked by a dog. His brother was killed. The owner left him in the backyard suffering with a broken wing, dog bites all over his bites and chest and a dislocated hip. She was going to dump him in a river.He had maggots in all his wounds. The vet didn't think he would make it, but he did. He is now fine, but the broken wing is paralized so he can't stretch it. He is bonded to my goose, Willow, but is attacking and tearing up all my Muscovy drakes, so he needs to go where there are no other male ducks. As for my ex, he has Muscovy girls, a few serama roosters that all get along, a few bantams, several hens, I think two Barred Rocks, two RIR, a couple Americaunas, some bantams, a silkie roo that hates me but loves everyone else, and several bantam hens that we ended up rescueing from a neighborhood that was planning on poisoning them. He also has two male call ducks (I think - or one could be an apple something or other.) Two wood ducks, male and female, not tame and I really don't know what else. I'm going by what he had at the house when I moved out. He also has a couple special needs chickens and several special needs ducks. One is a buff orpington, 3 sexlink hens, Also several mixed breeds gorgeous ones.
    He is severely neglecting them. Feeding them crap (cheap dog food) and several have died in his care. They are used to living indoors but now he has them in pens outside in the cold with no shelter and in the shed in cages. The rest are in cages in the house and some have the run of the house. It's not pretty. I need to get them out of there ASAP, and he's refusing to hand them over to me but now Jeff stepped in and told Will he's gonna charge him with neglect and cruelty, so as soon as I find good people who can take these babies that I loved and want to have good long lives, PLEASE let me know if you can take them. The HSL sanctuary can only take so many of his chickens, they are taking all the ducks that I have rescued this year so far and almost all the chickens I rescued as well and there is only so much room.

3. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Goodluck! [​IMG]

4. bumping this up!

I gave her an email last week to help out as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by