1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chickens in rural paradise

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by marginalfarmer, Mar 8, 2015.

1. marginalfarmer

marginalfarmer New Egg

Mar 8, 2015
    Hi! We live in a pretty populated area, no HOA but a couple of neighbors who aren't too fond of free-rangers. We adopted three lovely hens and their coop last summer, and sometime during our first winter with them, we got the urge to buy 10 baby quail. Boy, do quail smell up the basement. :) Also (surprise!) two baby chickens came home along with the quail (separate boxes, of course). Right now they are all outside; I am in the process of figuring out the sex of each quail; and trying to figure out how/when to introduce the "baby" chickens to the adult hens.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you need quail advice head for the "Other Backyard Poultry" forum, you will find threads for quail, guineas, ducks, geese, peafowl etc. The quail folks should be able to answer your questions.

5. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Welocme to BYC!!! It is an aweosme forum (the BEST in the world) and has a great comminity!!! Hope you have a great time and learn A LOT!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by