Chickens in the horse wagon?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by L&Schickens, Dec 28, 2009.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    We have just started my son's pony pulling our wagon. Today was her 3rd time pulling it. Well, my son wanted to bring one of his hens with us in the wagon. I had to tell him no, because he was going to be doing the driving and if the hen flew out somewhere down the road, we could not go get her. He was crushed, but I took some pictures anyway before we headed out. The cats wanted to ride also, but I told them no too. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these were from yesterday when I drove her. She did great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Isn't Tina the sweetest pony ever? [​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Those are the sweetest pics! [​IMG] I love the batman blanket. It sure looks like fun. Thanks for sharing!

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    Very nice pictures

warms the heart

Thank you...

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Those are some big cats. [​IMG] We like kitties.

and that batman blanket gave me a chuckle. You realize this only encourages my daughters pony wishes? [​IMG]

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    How cute!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    So CUTE! It sure does reminds me of my own miniature horses I once had!

7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    beautiful pictures, you're doing a great job with the horse. Um...what are you feeding that dark tabby cat? He's huge!!

8. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Both the cats were strays that wandered in and stayed. Charlie was first. He is 22 pounds! He is the gray tabby. I don't know where he came from. He showed up about a week after we moved in and just stayed. Lava is the orange one and he belonged to our neighbor. Our neighbors abandoned their 3 cats when they moved. I don't know what happened to the other 2 but Lava found us. Lava and Charlie eat dog food. I feed my dogs grain free food or make it my self. We are not really cat people, so the cats eat dog food. [​IMG]
    I took both cats in the get neutered and the vet keeps telling me Charlie should be diabetic, but he is not. He says to put him on a diet. Well, he is an out side cat and I am sure eats the food out of all the neighbors bowls as well as what I feed him. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I know it... we had some outside cats and I'd find all the neighborhood cats prowling in to grab a snack....naughty cats! [​IMG]

10. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    oh and as a kid we had a 19 lb cat. I'm sure my sisters beats that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by