1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens In The Kitchen

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by dnenella, Jan 10, 2011.

1. dnenella

dnenella Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    So its starting to snow around St. Louis, MO I go out to make sure the chickens are all doing ok I find my OEG hen trying to cuddle with the big chickens so I decied to try to walk all 35 chicken to the coop not an easy task. So the dogs are let out to try to help "3 yr nephews idea lol" after about 30 mins I give up and go inside Onyx follows me in but Hailey and Scruffy chose to play in the snow. I get on here and after about 5 mins I here this scratching sound so I just figure its my cats chasing each other, it goes on for about 3 min then I see Scruffy run full forse to the couch and then Hailey comes in an all of the sudden it hits me I forgot to lock the back door, the only one Hailey can still open, and then it hits me again its not the cats running around its the chickens coming in lol I had about 10 chickens including my Brahma roo (12 pds) in the kitchen looking for a treat and getting warmed. I try to keep quite because as of this time my Mom and Brayden are taking a nap and next thing I hear is Brayden flying down the stairs on his belly BOOMBOOMBOOM well the chickens did not like this noise so they all start freaking the dogs start barking I have feathers floating and Brayden running hear chickychicky I just want to hold you after about 5 mins chasing everyone out amd putting the kid back to bed I have to know mop the and redo all the dishes. I just hope my parents don't find but its not gonna happen because I hear my mom laughing upstair at this moment yelling my name well at least the chicken got warmed right [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. Sootsie

Sootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    [​IMG] oh i guess it wasnt funny at the time but you tell it so well, i guess your mom has a sense of humour or she wouldnt have been laughing, chickens, dogs and little kids what a wonderfull combination. [​IMG]

3. dnenella

dnenella Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    [​IMG] Finally all done I had one of those melt downs of where to start but after an hour its all done and you can't tell a chicken has been in the house at least I hope so [​IMG] but my mom does has a since of humor even when shes sick thank goodness but it was not always like that lol she has grown to love chickens to the point there is gonna be 3 silkie babies in my room til spring and shes all for it! She even had me order them she likes them that much I was just shocked the chickens did not freak out sooner because she has chicken decorations EVERYWHERE in the kitchen [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    ROLF - [​IMG]

5. Sootsie

Sootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Quote:yey [​IMG] another convert (your mum) lol it was my daughter and grandkids who got me into chickens, hope she is feeling better soon and can share the fun with you. [​IMG]

6. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    If the chickens are going to be in the kitchen, they might as well be ALIVE!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by