chickens in the snow...(Story with PICS!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by paganfish, Dec 16, 2007.

1. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Well, today the weather decided to give us a break! The chickens were ever too happy to be out and free in their yard.

[​IMG]

However, they dared not go onto that white stuff...

[​IMG]

...they all walked single file within the paths shoveled JUST for them!

[​IMG]

The roosters started to fight each other. Silly boys...they think it's Spring! Wait until tonight when they freeze their little toushes...

[​IMG]

Pavarotti (the new cockrel) was behaved today. He even tried to mount a few of the girls and crowed to his heart's content...

[​IMG]

Alas, though the temperature is NOW a frighteningly 17 degrees from what was a pleasant 35 earlier today, all in all...it was a good day. [​IMG]

Peace-

Pedro

PS Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I love the single file one.thats how mine were today...but ours was ice.............your snow is sooooooooo pretty !

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Great pix!!! [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing your snow, also! [​IMG] We barely had a dusting of it here today. [​IMG]

Dawn

4. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    I love the pics! The chickens may not like the snow but they sure are cute out there on that path surrounded by it. Thanks for sharing the pics.

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Great pics!
    Thanks for posting them.

6. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    super cute. i love the blue door, too.

7. paganfish

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Thanks! I hated to see the snow melting but, I know they loved it. The roos would start a fight and one would get chased to the snow and the hens would just crane their necks...looking at the errant roo. A few would venture out and hop-hoppity-hop right back to the dirt path! LOL! I felt bad for the roo though...eventually, the other (menacing) roo would walk off and the snow roo would jump back on the dirt path.

Boys will be boys!

I hear that, though we're getting some snow this Weds/Thurs, it is going to be quite pleasant the next couple of days. Yay!

Peace-

Pedro

8. paganfish

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Quote:OH that! I didn't notice that. It's the door that leads to the BIG barn next door. We hardly ever use it. It's usually blocked off. I am thinking of painting the coops that color...what you think?

Peace-

Pedro

9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:OH that! I didn't notice that. It's the door that leads to the BIG barn next door. We hardly ever use it. It's usually blocked off. I am thinking of painting the coops that color...what you think?

Peace-

Pedro

My vote is yes. My first coop was bright spring green with a floor painted that color blue!

10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Thanks for sharing the pics. That is so funny how they would only walk on the cleared path. Very cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by