Chickens in the snow

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by banter, Nov 28, 2008.

1. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    We had a heavy, wet flake snow today and the young chickens all ran around trying to catch the flakes! It was too funny! It reminded me of the Charlie Brown scene about catching "ripe" snowflakes on your tongue!
    I just got a new camera and couldn't figure out how to do do a video in time-DARN!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Mine played in the rain and mud yesterday and loved it. I could see them from my window flying in the coop - they NEVER do that. They were having a blast.

3. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    when my chickies saw their first snow this year, they were FREAKED OUT! [​IMG] the kept on hiding under all the bushes! they usually walk into their hutch by themselves and we close it up at night, but then they hid under our porch roof! my white hen (cross breed) was shivering so badly when i carried her back to the hutch. I felt so bad for them!

4. Skip

Skip Chillin' With My Peeps

I let mine out in the snow yesterday! There was only about a half inch or so on the ground, and they just ignored it, so I made a snowball and put it in their pen. They all mobbed it and pecked at it, and their reaction to the cold snow on their beaks I will always remember!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by