Chickens in Tucson :)

mixonfamily

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 7, 2013
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are brand new chicken owners, purchasing three hens a few weeks ago. An australorp named Jade, an easter egg hen named Ida and a gold-laced cochin named Bootsie. So far, only the Australorp is the only one laying eggs, but the people we purchased them from said they were all laying. Hopefully it's just because they are still adjusting to their new home.

(2) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google :) When we decided to get chickens, we started looking at pictures of coops.... I must say, I love looking at pictures of everyones coops. I had NO clue that they could be so fancy!

(3) What are some of your other hobbies?
With 3 kids between the ages of 6-10, our hobbies pretty much revolve around them.

(4) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are married almost 12 years, with three kiddos. We also have two parakeets, two weimeraners, a miniature schnauzer, several fish and three tortoises.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Hi I am up in Surprise Arizona. I am pretty new to the whole chickens deal too but I am loving it. I especially am looking forward to meeting people in Arizona. I have 6 chickens and 2 ducks. I also have one very old horse that is pretty much a very big lawn ornament and buddy to all my fine feathered friends. We also have a great dog Shadow that sleeps among the chickens. It sure keeps them nasty coyotes away. The chickens are very use to him and he knows they are family so he protects them.
I look forward to chatting with you.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
to find chicken people in your area go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum. Locate your state and post there. It's a good idea to subscribe to any threads you like, ( you can always unsubscribe later if you change your mind) this way you won't lose them.

Thank you BantamFan4Life. I am very fond of my little white crested polish Bantam. He is my baby. I will be looking for a couple females for the little guy. He misses his little mate T.T. **** Coyotes. Going to be building another larger chicken house for all my kids. The Ducks too. There will be some division in their coops but they will be able to see each other and visit through the fence. I just don't want my little Polish to try to breed with my other hens.
As a matter of fact I think I want to get a New Hampshire Red Rooster to breed with my girls. If they are all normally as big as these girls are then they will make good meat chickens
droolin.gif
as well as egg layers. I won't allow myself to get as close to those chickens as I am to my initial chicken family. Julius and Big Momma are safe
yippiechickie.gif

Maybe I'll just get some pullets rather than getting a rooster and waiting. Besides I might end up with a rooster out of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom