Chickens injured foot

farmerdick

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2016
[/IMG] dear chicken farmers this is my problem. See how her feet are splade and I'm wondering if this is a problem. I have 7 more chickens and the other are healthy.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry to hear about these leg issues. Has she always been like this or is it a new thing? Please do pop by the emergencies section where I'm sure members will be able to help. Please do add how long this issues has been going on.

Good luck with her :fl

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am sorry about your birds leg. What breed is this bird...meat bird by chance? They will have leg issues early on in life, being meant for butchering and not as pets...their legs can't support their weight. If this bird has been like this from the start, it may be something genetic. If this is something new that has happened, she could have dislocated the leg. Is she limping at all or in pain? If the hip joint is dislocated, you might take her to a vet for a look see.

Definitely post in our emergency section too for more help. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck with her and I hope you can get her back on the road to health soon! :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am sorry about your birds leg. What breed is this bird...meat bird by chance? They will have leg issues early on in life, being meant for butchering and not as pets...their legs can't support their weight. If this bird has been like this from the start, it may be something genetic. If this is something new that has happened, she could have dislocated the leg. Is she limping at all or in pain? If the hip joint is dislocated, you might take her to a vet for a look see.

Definitely post in our emergency section too for more help. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck with her and I hope you can get her back on the road to health soon! :)
I agree with TwoCrows if it is a meat bird they usually have leg problems. Also
welcome-byc.gif
!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom