Chickens Kill Fox

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by suebee, Jan 22, 2011.

1. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
  2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Not really a "tough" group of chickens. They said the fox was knocked out by a table and then they pecked it to death.

3. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Quote:Geez Debbie Downer, my chickens would've never pecked it to death...they would've coward in the corner. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Luvroos

Luvroos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Fredericksburg
    Nice article, thanks for sharing! What a miracle for those little girls!

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    The fox looks like some I've seen that have been deceased a very long time, down to the weeds with fresh leaves springing upright over the edge of the carcass, unlike freshly trampled ground from chickens on the defense. [​IMG]

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Quote:That's prob where the people put it after they took it out the coop!! It wasn't killed outside!

7. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I know a White Sussex Rooster that killed a fox! Lost it's tail in the fight but sure as anything, dead fox in the pen. We all hated that rooster, it was evil. But it loved it's girls, alright.

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Agree that fox has been dead sometime...look at the hind legs , no meat on them, and no it was not pecked off with the hide still on it.

Wonder how they knew it was only knock out by the table........bet it was kill by the table. What, they check to see if it was still alive , and left it in the pen....wouldn't think so.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    No, the chickens knocked over the table and it killed the fox NS made it look like an accident. It probably happened some time ago, but the keepers only noticed it now. I think it should be on CSI:UK or something. Great story.

10. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    I know those Barred Rock roosters are always meanies!!! [​IMG] I always joke with my hubby, "never pass out in the chicken coop."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by