chickens like cooked worms

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tdgill, May 9, 2009.

1. cooked on the concrete all dried out and crunchy i assume.
    I flipped over the rug on the concrete this morning when i let the birds out and they ignored the squirmy things. but after they dried up - woo wee! they gobbled them up. would that also kill any parasites that the worm mighta had?

2. love4mychick

love4mychick Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    i always thaught chickens liked there worms raw lol

3. must be just that they are different tasting....a change ya know.

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    OMG I thought you might have actually cooked them!

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Songster

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Quote:Me too! I was thinking none of my pans would see a worm body in them! [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Quote:Same here!! Wondered if you were from one of those countries that eat worms....[​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I thought the same thing-I was not going to read this post because I thought I would barf-just in case there were photos-and I did not want to see cooking worms on a stove--I can watch blood and gore while eating I can fish better than most men I know-take the fish off and all-I CANNOT worm a hook or touch them!!! Bleah [​IMG] my mind got the best of me and had to PEEK...glad I did made me laugh that everyone else was thinking the same thing...

8. littlebowpeeps

littlebowpeeps In the Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Harbor WA
    Haha we all had the same idea! Well, I thought I was a bad chick mom because I don't cook my chicks a nice dinner of worms!! Phew!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by