Chickens LOST in the MAIL. :(

ChirpNEggBaby

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 19, 2011
West Central, FL
Just need to vent and this category seems to work compared to the other choices....bought a pair of birds on bidbird....shipped yesterday----were suppossed to be here by noon today. Hasnt happened and its now 10pm est. Have called USPS twice and they are "researching" where the package is....but have not called me back...nor found them. As I paid for OVERNIGHT shipping I want to wring some's neck at the PO. I get chicks ALL THE TIME no issues....this is my first (and most likely my last) time getting adult birds in the mail. They are in a very small box according to the shipper and acoording to the shipper the cock scratched the hens neck just before departure as he was trying to mount her...so she lubed her neck in neosporyin. Worried at this point.....anyone else have this kind of fun with the Postal Service?? Results???

What area did you order them from? There could be an issue such as inclement weather that's delayed the shipping by a day.

I'm so sorry you're having this happen. I would be very upset, myself, particularly because it's live animals being shipped and you know the hen has an injury.

Ive ordered birds overnight and have just accepted the fact that "overnight" means "two days from now"
roll.png
try not to worry until tomorrow night
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor birds. You're doing everything you can and I'm sure you'll take great care of them when they arrive.

Shame on the sender for putting them in such a small box though!

Awww, i hope the sender of the pair gave them a supply of food in their box and the postal service employees are at least trying to water them. Im just hopeing something didnt go very wrong in the employees care and they are trying to figure out what to do?....but then, the post office sometimes does take their time. Perhaps and hopefully, you will recieve your pair tomorrow. Please update us on the delema...

I've had birds shipped to me 3 times. From as far away as TX. I'm in Michigan. They always take 2 days. (example..shipped on monday, arrive on wednesday). They have always been just fine. My PO usually calls me before opening hours to let me know I can come pick them up. Don't panic yet.

Back
Top Bottom