Chickens LOST in the MAIL. :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChirpNEggBaby, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ChirpNEggBaby

ChirpNEggBaby Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2011
    West Central, FL
    Just need to vent and this category seems to work compared to the other choices....bought a pair of birds on bidbird....shipped yesterday----were suppossed to be here by noon today. Hasnt happened and its now 10pm est. Have called USPS twice and they are "researching" where the package is....but have not called me back...nor found them. As I paid for OVERNIGHT shipping I want to wring some's neck at the PO. I get chicks ALL THE TIME no issues....this is my first (and most likely my last) time getting adult birds in the mail. They are in a very small box according to the shipper and acoording to the shipper the cock scratched the hens neck just before departure as he was trying to mount her...so she lubed her neck in neosporyin. Worried at this point.....anyone else have this kind of fun with the Postal Service?? Results???

2. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    What area did you order them from? There could be an issue such as inclement weather that's delayed the shipping by a day.

I'm so sorry you're having this happen. I would be very upset, myself, particularly because it's live animals being shipped and you know the hen has an injury.

3. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Ive ordered birds overnight and have just accepted the fact that "overnight" means "two days from now" [​IMG] try not to worry until tomorrow night [​IMG]

4. Noobchick

Noobchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor birds. You're doing everything you can and I'm sure you'll take great care of them when they arrive.

Shame on the sender for putting them in such a small box though!

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I have nothing good to say about the USPS.

6. ILOVELEGHORNS

ILOVELEGHORNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Awww, i hope the sender of the pair gave them a supply of food in their box and the postal service employees are at least trying to water them. Im just hopeing something didnt go very wrong in the employees care and they are trying to figure out what to do?....but then, the post office sometimes does take their time. Perhaps and hopefully, you will recieve your pair tomorrow. Please update us on the delema...

7. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

My PO (Special order dept) says there is NO MORE overnight shipping of live animals except day old chicks.

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    They should be fine. Don't go to code red yet.

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Any updates?

10. wilobrookfarms

wilobrookfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    I've had birds shipped to me 3 times. From as far away as TX. I'm in Michigan. They always take 2 days. (example..shipped on monday, arrive on wednesday). They have always been just fine. My PO usually calls me before opening hours to let me know I can come pick them up. Don't panic yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by