Chickens make you smile :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jacyjones, Mar 5, 2009.

1. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    I got such pleasure from watching my oldest chicken this morning. She loves the chaff I feed the horse and pecks her leftovers every morning. I was sweeping outside the stable and looked up to see the old girl running/flying backwards at a rapid speed!! It appears she has decided not to wait for Sunshine to finish her breakfast - she was getting in the bowl and looked highly puzzled when a big horse nose lifted and propelled her out of the way! She kept going back for more and did not seem at all phased by flying backwards.
    Maybe she reckons that as she is the same colour as Sunny that she won't do her any harm - I would not be so sure!! [​IMG]

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

THAT is definitely a video camera moment! LOL The mental image is hilarious!

3. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    First chuckle this morning Jaci, thank you.

They are determined aren't they when they know it is something a bit special.

I had a great laugh yesterday at my girls with some bolognese, they were climbing over each other. A fewmore girls andi think I coud train them into a pyramid.
    [​IMG]

4. agirly4chicks

agirly4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    Hamilton, Georgia USA
    You might win some money on America's Funniest Videos

5. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Quote:That I would like to see! And you are right...determined is just the word. One of my girls goes to the horse's bowl when she has finished every morning and perches on the edge to try and reach further in ................and every morning it tips up and she has to squawk and rush off!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by