Chickens my new passion

las guapas

Chirping
Aug 6, 2021
Hello, my name is Alejandra, I have 4 lovely silkies. I am new to chickens I started last year with just 2. I know have 4 and want more. It is becoming an obsession, I had no idea it would be this way.
I have other pets; a mini pot belly, an a 75 lb African sulfate tortoise.
I recently found out that one of my chicks is a rooster. I have no idea what to do. My silkies vary in age; from 1 yr, 6 month, 4 month, and the rooster is about 7 months. he crows only about twice per month, not bad at the moment. I have so many questions about roosters and what I should do next. An acquaintance recommended this page and I look forward learning a lot.

Hello, my name is Alejandra, I have 4 lovely silkies. I am new to chickens I started last year with just 2. I know have 4 and want more. It is becoming an obsession, I had no idea it would be this way.
I have other pets; a mini pot belly, an a 75 lb African sulfate tortoise.
I recently found out that one of my chicks is a rooster. I have no idea what to do. My silkies vary in age; from 1 yr, 6 month, 4 month, and the rooster is about 7 months. he crows only about twice per month, not bad at the moment. I have so many questions about roosters and what I should do next. An acquaintance recommended this page and I look forward learning a lot.
Hello Alejandra! :welcome Please feel free to ask any questions you have about roosters and we’ll answer them.

Back
Top Bottom