chicken's , near anurism----coon , very dead , old geezer very happy

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by old geezer, Nov 18, 2010.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG] ,,, being on a permenant dissabillity does have it's perks,,bout 10 minutes ago i went out and gave my girls some cut up grapes , no sooner than i came in and put on the tea pot ,,i hear my girls going zonkers , looking out the window i saw a coon teasting the 3 wire enclosure ..[​IMG]..[​IMG]...., my wife coaxed me into keeping one of my shotguns and a couple of shells in the back hall after she claimed the 2 buff orpington pullets as her's--[​IMG]----well ,.. [​IMG]....old poop can still shoot , 1 coon added to critter heaven before he can alert his brethern of the chickens down hill---[​IMG]---girls went nuts but soon settled down----i think i'am going to bring this carcass to the DEC as it should not have been out during day light hours ----we have a rabie thing going on in our area...[​IMG]

now , on a better note , i am very glad i got paranoid over the wire issue on the coop and run section-----the metal roof and the 3 different wire types i recently added paid off big time today...[​IMG].......thanks BYC members

2. hiker125

hiker125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Henryville
    WAY TO GO. I find that $$ spent on hardware cloth has not been wasted. Glad your girls are OK.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good shooting!

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Nicely done. A call to animal control or whoever your approprite authority is in order, especially with rabies in your area, but a healthy coon will roam during the daytime for several different reasons. Hopefully they will dispose of the carcass for you.

5. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Good work!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by