1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens new favorite treat

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by patman75, Nov 21, 2010.

1. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Raw deer liver. [​IMG]

After a sucessful deer season I hung a chunk of the liver on a string in the run and let them have at it. Better than wasting it and it should keep them from being bored in the run. Plus help with some of my molting birds and breaking the feather picking.

I went to let them free range this morning and they really worked over liver. The really funny thing is that all their breast feathers are blood splattered from picking at the liver and then the liver swinging back and forth hitting them in the chest.

Ohh they also love the venison meat scraps too. [​IMG]

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

They will be happy to clean any bones for you also [​IMG]

On butcher day, it is a battle between chickens and dogs for the parts we are not putting in the fridge or freezer.

3. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I already hung the leg bones in the run and those were picked clean in less than a day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by