1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens not eating much

Discussion in 'Nutrition - Sponsored by Purina Poultry' started by homestead 101, Feb 3, 2016.

1. homestead 101

homestead 101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2016
    I just brought chickens home last weekend. They have not laid any eggs yet as they are all over a year, and they have no eaten that much. How much should buff orpington eat and small bantam hens eat. I have as much feed avilible for them but they just don't eat as much as I think they should

Please help me find an answer?

2. Apocha14

Apocha14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    A move is stressful for them. Some chickens will be ok right away, still lay and eat just fine. Others will be a bit stressed and it may take them a few weeks to get back into a routine of laying. If you can provide a good seed mix for them as well, sometimes they will eat better if its mixed in with their pellets. Good luck.

3. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    X2

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Chickens also have troubles switching feed brands, so they might not recognize or like what you are offering.

5. homestead 101

homestead 101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2016
    Thanks for the help. They are now eating a lot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by