Chickens not laying

Andraea004

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2016
I have 4 laying chickens but for some reason they have not laid any eggs in almost 2 weeks. They are all under a year and 3 of them just started laing in july. If anyone could poosibly have a clue or reason why they would possibly stop laying. Any advice would greatly be appreciated

Many hens stop and start throughout the laying season. Some hens, mainly sex links will lay almost everyday, but most will take small breaks here and there. Things like weather changes, feed changes, and disturbances can disrupt laying and cause them to halt.

Most pullets are indiscriminant layers in their first year. They can lay varying sized eggs. Lay for a few weeks the stop and start again. Its just their bodies getting lined out to go into egg production.

I was thinking the same thing lol..i did finally get one egg to today. Yesterday i gave the some vitamins and electrolytes and maybe that helped idk.

My 2 yr olds stop laying completely at a year and a half. No clue as to why .. Any ideas?

Sex links can often burn out and quit laying after two seasons. Wyandotte can be sporadic layers. Stopping and starting, I haven't found them to be a very productive breed, but some varieties are better than others. This time of year many stop laying to molt. I find feeding a bit higher protein ration can help optimize production. 18-20% protein, with oyster shells free choice for any extra calcium needs.

Back
Top Bottom