Chickens not laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jamielynn, Aug 24, 2009.

1. jamielynn

jamielynn In the Brooder

May 6, 2009
    NH
    Hi there!
    I have two Aracaunas that turned a year around April. About a month ago they stopped laying. Is this normal?
    A few weeks ago, we resued a Barred Rock year old hen. She stopped laying two weeks prior with her orignal family due to stress caused by foxes eating her entire flock. We ahve now had her amonth. When should we see egg production?
    Thanks for your input. [​IMG]

2. Namble

Namble Songster

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    I have 2 ameraucana hens that are a year old that don't lay either. They haven't been laying for about 3 months now.

3. jamielynn

jamielynn In the Brooder

May 6, 2009
    NH
    Well then...
    At least they are good looking birds.[​IMG]

4. marymac

marymac Songster

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Wonder what's going on???? I have 3 EE's that are 1 yr old. They started laing at 20 wk. all 3. Then down to 2 eggs, now down to 1 or like yesterday none. Maybe it's a conspiracy going on, I don't know, but I have 11 hens and I'm lucky to get 3 eggs a day. I think they may be on strike.!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. jamielynn

jamielynn In the Brooder

May 6, 2009
    NH
    Same here. We have 11. All but two are egg laying. We went from 6-8 eggs a day to 2-6. Sometimes we get 6, but it is like maybe twice a week. We are in NH and it has been really hot. MAybe it is the weather? Though I say that only about the others. Not the Barred and Aracaunas.

6. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Crowing

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    My Silkies stopped laying [​IMG] But, they are adjusting to a new home, so I have to patient

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
  7. jamielynn

jamielynn In the Brooder

May 6, 2009
    NH
    How long do they say for move adjustment period? We are dealing with no laying from one for that reason.

8. Luvin Life

Luvin Life Songster

Apr 21, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    I have no eggs either [​IMG] Out of four no one laid an egg yesterday. I am lucky to get one a day. [​IMG]

9. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Are they molting?

10. jamielynn

jamielynn In the Brooder

May 6, 2009
    NH
    I can't tell for my two Aracaunas. At the beginning of the stop is egg laying production. There were feathers here and there, and they slowed egg laying down. If they are molting, they are birds that are unobvious. They still look really good and full of feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: