Chickens or Ducks

What do you think is better chickens or ducks?

• Chickens🐓

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Ducks🦆

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

33ChickenLovers

Songster
May 18, 2021
Ok so I’ve had chickens and I’ve had ducks, I think I’m going back to ducks though. But I want to see what you guys think, thanks.
Please vote😂

It said multiple votes allowed so I chose both. I absolutely love both and hope to always have both!

Edited to add: So I guess I didn't answer your question at all. My apologies but it's impossible for me to choose
Yeah all good. I currently have both😂
but I’m thinking of keeping one since they both don’t get as much food if I split it as if I have one then they will have lots of food, I know dumb reason.

I think it depends on what one is looking to get out of the animal.

While I really liked my ducks in my area on my clay soil the wet was an issue. They were also super loud. I ended up selling them.
My family prefers chicken eggs and my 19 chickens go through less feed than my 7 ducks did. The chickens are far quieter than the ducks were.

All that added up to chickens being the better choice for us.

Both!

I have muscovy and they aren't loud at all, less messier than mallard based ducks (so I've heard), and they take care of bugs in the yard.

I also love my chickens. Easier to train to go back in the run, they put themselves to bed, and they provide me with food (I can't eat duck eggs).

Back
Top Bottom