1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens pick the oddest places to lay an egg !

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by okiechick57, Jul 2, 2007.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I just had to share this.........of course you all probably know that here in Oklahoma ,well, we are on our 20th day of rain........my yard is like a lake [​IMG]

..........NOWHERE is dry.and the hens that normally lay eggs in my monkey grass decided they didn't want to do the "water birth"thing [​IMG]
    so I find them running around screaming at egg laying time.......desparately looking for a new place......well.....low and behold....I found my white rock sitting in an empty flower pot right next to my door.............. [​IMG]
    too cute........ can't believe she did it in there...........
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  2. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    at least she found some privacy!
    I don't know why but my hens last year started laying their eggs right on my front porch! I kinda liked it so that I didn't have to go out and collect the eggs. The poo on the porch I didn't like so much.

and oh ya maybe you send some of that rain out here to GA. We could use it!

3. okiechick57

Quote:OH I would send you some in a second If I could.........seems like odd days now in this world...last year we had such a drought....no hay.......wheat suffered,,,, now this year.hay is floating.wheat is ruined.......hopefully it will even out......... I am liking the rain better than the drought........

4. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    Yeah the drought sinks because everything is dead, the bees aren't making honey, the peaches and blueberries are doing terribly, and there are wild fires. But too much rain stinks too because the damage it does and the mild and the biggie the kids can't go out and play!! I hope it lets up soon.

5. okiechick57

[​IMG] Oh I know it too well........have to practically swim out to my poor garden.......most of it is spoiled now.... cucumbers are the only thing growing really....... no apples on my trees this year.............can't figure that one out for the life of me...........my blackberries are doing great........ onions drowned ,as did the beans,lettuce and watermelon....got washed away really......... can't even mow my yard...and I love mowing my 5 acres..............THAT is my exerise routine UGH> I pray you get rain......... I have heard of the fire danger there...we had a close call last year .... a bad wild fire just 1/2 mile from us.spent 2 days hoseing down my fence line......was really scarey.......... hope it levels out soon.......nuttin worse than kids stuck in the house !

6. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    That picture is TOO cute!!!!

7. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Privacy?????? Its caught on camera and posted on the internet..........where is the privacy in that????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Smart girl getting out of the rain that way. I actually saw sun shine yesterday. It is like a boost to your attitude. Someone asks you why are you smiling.[​IMG] and I say the sun is shinning. Looks like our nice rain has moved into SE Kansas. Those poor people it looked terrible this morning on the news. I got lots of apples but peaches all rotted on tree. My cukes are doing good too for now. What a crazy mess. Did you see the 7-day. A chance of rain everyday.

9. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

okiechick57 - is that a turtle in the upper left corner of your picture????? [​IMG]

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Privacy?????? Its caught on camera and posted on the internet..........where is the privacy in that????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Silly girl! Cute cute cute picture!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by