Chickens pooping mostly Ceacal-like poop

BuckNBark Farm

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Trenton, GA
Hi- forgive me if this has been asked before- I did a search and didn't find it. My chickens are pooping ceacal- like poop. They seem to be pooping this kind more than normal, in my opinion. Should I treat with Corrid?

Thanks- Pam

Last edited:
Are you seeing and signs of lethargy or ruffled feathers, sitting around puffed up? If not, I would try feeding everyone some plain yogurt with cultures, and putting ACVinegar 1/2 ounce to a gallon in their water first.

Are you seeing and signs of lethargy or ruffled feathers, sitting around puffed up? If not, I would try feeding everyone some plain yogurt with cultures, and putting ACVinegar 1/2 ounce to a gallon in their water first.
Nope- no one is puffy, ruffled, or lethargic. Every seems happy :) Thanks for the advice!

I might have to post pics today. It's raining, and I have them up today. You can't really see it in the shavings. It's mustard color, like cealcal. No worm in it. Smells kinda bad when I get it on me. But that's because I keep sniffing my fingers for some reason, punish myself, I guess.

You might consider worming with a broad spectrum wormer like Valbazen or Safegard Liquid since they do not seem to have coccidiosis. Bright yellow mustard colored droppings can be a sign of E.coli infection, but again, they would be very sick. Cecal poops are just nasty, and they occur about every 9-10 times. Chickens have 5 kinds of worms, and you can only see round worms sometimes, so I would worm them.

I have the Ivermectin (for cattle) that you drop a cc for small/ cc for large chickens. It also controls mites (they don't have mites or lice). It is broad spectrum? I remember that it didn't cover one kind of worm.

Thanks-
Pam

I have the Ivermectin (for cattle) that you drop a cc for small/ cc for large chickens. It also controls mites (they don't have mites or lice). It is broad spectrum? I remember that it didn't cover one kind of worm.

Thanks-
Pam
I do have Valbezen (I always mis-spell that) but they won't drink it. Even with sugar. Maybe I need more sugar.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom