Chickens put to work!!!!! Weekend work to earn their keep! (HEHEHE)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SIMPleChick, Jun 12, 2011.

1. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    "HI, we are the Hursts Hens, mamma said we have to do yard work because we aren't givin' eggs yet....so here's us workin' hard yesterday..."

"Bugs had to do the weeder...she grumbled the whole time..."
    [​IMG]

"Mumford was put on clipping duty...putting all the grass and weeds in the bag....she is prissy and had to stop and pose for the picture..."
    [​IMG]

"Shadow an Daisy Doodle were on guard duty, makin' sure we were clipping the grass the right way, I don't know why I couldn't do that job..."
    [​IMG]

"Cricket and the other girls were gardening..."
    [​IMG]

"Gardening is hard work but we had a lot of progress to show...Look how well we trimmed the green onions!!!"
    [​IMG]

"Cricket and Miss. Henny Penny were putting in posts here...something about a stronger fence...I don't know what that is for..."
    [​IMG]

"Most of the girls were working on the coop, making the roost bigger and putting in another door, here we are getting a drink really quick..."
    [​IMG]

"Finally we get a break to play, mamma says we did a good job with the yard work and on the coop...Boy was that hard work..."
    [​IMG]

"Maybe us girls will have a talk tonight about when we are gonna lay eggs.....I really don't want to do any more yard work..."

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    lol! That's an awesome post!!! feel free to send your girls my way, there's a ton of yard work to be done here!!

3. SIMPleChick

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    LOL! My husband and step-son are laughing at me because I posted this but they think it's too funny also!

4. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    [​IMG] that is one of the funniest post with pics I have ever seen. [​IMG]

5. SIMPleChick

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Hey Caat, I'll be sure to send them your way!!LOL! It is sooo funny how curious chickens are with EVERYTHING you do!

6. uncle rico

uncle rico Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Spring Green, WI
    Great story! How 'bout some more [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. rivers2011

rivers2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    Port Perry, ON
    Very creative! I love how you turned it into one, big flowing story!
    And I laughed out loud after reading the "look how well we trimmed green onions" bit!

8. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    Quote:lotsa bugs and lotsa dandelions.... I can't wait for my chicks to arrive/be picked up! I'll put them to work! lol. Showed my hubby your post and he thought it was funny too!!

9. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    Those girls did a much better job than the week whacker would have done. I enjoyed your photo story very much.

10. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I make mine work for their keep too. [​IMG]

My boys helping with the new coop.
    Archie
    [​IMG]
    Nugget
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by