Chickens/roosters/peafowl and ducks in TN

Bulldog232004

In the Brooder
May 16, 2020
Hi all,
My home burned down here in Northern California. So now that I don’t have a home any longer, I am looking to just get out of here and move to Tennessee. I cannot seem to find an ordinance for the above listed in my headline. I’m looking at moving to Blountville which is in Sullivan county. I know Kingsport, which is close does not allow but I literally cant find anything on Sullivan county (East Tennessee). So if anybody here knows if they have any laws banning the above, please do let me know. I don’t plan on giving up my chickens or my rooster and we have a peacock at my station that we believe was dumped and I don’t want to leave him here over the winter with nobody to care for him, so I really would Like to take him with me.

thanks everybody

I'm a little late but native Tennessean here. If you're in the county you're good--I don't know of any county that doesn't allow chickens outright. But if you're in any city's limits you'll need to ask if they allow them. A lot of times the local library will have info about the municipal codes.

Back
Top Bottom