1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens sick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ruple1984, Oct 11, 2013.

1. ruple1984

ruple1984 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2013
    Hi I have 1 rooster and 10 hens had to keep them all penned up for about a month and they all the sudden became really sick one died, one hen would lay with feet kinda cramped up looking, the rest just act like they have no energy areas on face look a little pale some have runny poop they are eating then just go under bushes and sleep...rooster is very calm (which isn't like him) when he crows is sounds awful and have noticed the barred rock have dis colored feathers they used to be black and white and now they have some redish brown areas... I got some diamat??? Earth and mixed with pellets, and seven dust incase it's mites I put that in dust bath areas and coop...not laying any eggs! Just don't know what this could be!!!! And called a ton of vets I'm in an area that no one deals with chickens and I have no way to get any veterinary care!!!! Please help!!!! :( thank you in advance

2. martinnoah

martinnoah Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2012
    NS Canada
    try using tetracycline. it is a animal antibiotic available at co-op. also put apple cider vinegar in their water

3. martinnoah

martinnoah Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2012
    NS Canada
    good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by