Chickens sneezing - which antibiotics to use?

Liza728w

Songster
Jul 22, 2020
Southern Ohio
My chickens have been sneezing for weeks now. Snot comes out of their nose when they sneeze. Sometimes they open their beaks and wheeze with slightly labored breathing.

I also have ducks and quail on the same premises. What antibiotic would you administer? It would have to be safe for ducks and quail as well.. I just want to nip this in the bud as quick as I can because it seems to be getting worse. Thank you! :)

My chickens have been sneezing for weeks now. Snot comes out of their nose when they sneeze. Sometimes they open their beaks and wheeze with slightly labored breathing.

I also have ducks and quail on the same premises. What antibiotic would you administer? It would have to be safe for ducks and quail as well.. I just want to nip this in the bud as quick as I can because it seems to be getting worse. Thank you! :)
Sorry your birds are sneezing. :hmm

What color is the snot? Were there any changes or introductions that happened before this started? Are the quail or ducks also sneezing?

Things don't effect all species the same.. and if it's viral antibiotics won't help anything and should probably not be administered without the advice of a veterinarian. But for helps' sake.. what do you have access to? Adding your general location to your profile can help folks make suggestions at a glance. Are you able to see the care of an avian vet?

How old are your chickens? How long have you had them? Where did they come from? What have you done already to help them?

A helpful and easy to follow link with lots of good information..
https://www.dummies.com/home-garden/hobby-farming/raising-chickens/respiratory-illness-in-chickens/

:fl

Back
Top Bottom